Many Moons Book Conservation with its breadth of experience and knowledge can restore your damaged books and flat paper documents. We can fix many types of damage including stains, tears, missing pieces, broken book spines and loose pages. We also provide treatments and storage solutions to maximize the longevity of your documents.
Items We Repair
- Books of all types, in any condition
- Restoration of original book binding in cloth, leather or paper, for single books or small editions.
- Family documents – marriage certificates, birth certificates, letters, diaries, scrapbooks, etc.
- Vellum and Parchment
- Art on Paper – prints, watercolors, posters, gauche, etchings, engravings, lithographs, maps, etc.
We can repair your treasures no matter your location. See our Process page for more information.
- Bindery Services – We create bindings for books and/or periodicals to provide a cohesive look for your personal or professional library.
- Protective Enclosures – We provide custom archival boxes made to measure that will preserve and protect delicate items in an attractive manner.
- Analysis of Storage Conditions – We can analyze the document storage conditions in your home or business and make suggestions for optimizing preservation.
- Consulting – We provide consulting on care, handling and storage of individual items or complete collections.
- Condition assessment surveys for institutions or collectors.
- Talks and Demonstrations – We provide talks and demonstrations on conservation and restoration techniques.
To learn how Many Moons can help you with your conservation needs, please contact Susan Lunas at (541) 485-4779.